The East-West Center is pleased to announce a new leadership development program designed to provide opportunities for advanced professionals to reflect on personal and organizational achievement while developing plans for the future. Applications are now being accepted for the inaugural cohort of this unique program.
The eight (8) week program involves a combination of personal strategic planning activities, leadership development workshops, and reflective space to independently develop strategic plans or projects within the context of the East-West Center community.
The ALP takes place at the East-West Center's campus in Honolulu, Hawai'i, and runs from September 22 - November 14, 2014. On average, participants engage in a self-designed itinerary of semi-structured programming with substantial time given to independent work, research and exploration. Participants receive their own workspace in an East-West Center office and have the option of attending additional lectures or other activities with the Asia Pacific Leadership Program (APLP) and the East-West Center's fall seminar series.
* Focus on adaptive leadership training and best practices from the East-West Center's
signature leadership development initiative (the Asia Pacific Leadership Program Fellowship)
* Space for independent reflection and personal research
* Guided personal and professional development planning
* Joint sessions with the APLP and other East-West Center program participants
* Networking with local leaders and entrepreneurs