HOW TO APPLY
2017 - 2018 ASIA PACIFIC LEADERSHIP PROGRAM FELLOWSHIP (August 2017 - May 2018)
- 1: Application Package Checklist
- 2: 2017 Application Form (2 pages)
- 3: 2017 Letter of Reference Form (3 pages)
- Optional: 2017 Request for Supplementary Scholarships Form (2 pages)
- Early Applications + Scholarship Applications Deadline: December 15, 2016.
- Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until March 1, 2017.
- Note: Timing is critical for supplementary scholarships. The earlier an application is completed, the more scholarships are available.
- Bachelor's degree - applicants must have at least a 3-year bachelor's degree or its equivalent from an accredited U.S. College or University or from a recognized institution of higher learning abroad. Equivalency is determined by the University of Hawai'i.
- At least 5 years of work experience
- A demonstrated commitment to promoting peace and prosperity in the Asia Pacific region, and a deep interest in experiential leadership development training.
- Professional work experience and achievement
- Leadership track record in professional, public, and/or personal realms
- International experience and aptitude, including overseas residence, language skills, intercultural and diversity exposure
- Volunteer and community service experience
- Asia Pacific engagement: evidence of knowledge of the region, as well as a demonstrated commitment to its future prosperity. This might include employment in the region, classes taken at University, languages spoken, memberships and fellowships, specific projects, field studies, and areas of research interest
- Experience of cohort learning, working collaboratively in small teams or in large groups.