- Application Instructions Booklet [PDF]
Application forms are available separately below:
Deadline: The earlier an application is submitted, the greater the chance that scholarship funds will be available to support participant costs beyond the fellowship provisions. The APLP Scholarship Selection Committee will meet again on January 31, 2014, so we strongly encourage all candidates to have their applications completed by mid-January. The final deadline for applications is March 1, 2014.
- Visa Information
- Bachelor's degree - applicants must have at least a 3-year bachelor's degree or its equivalent from an accredited U.S. College or University or from a recognized institution of higher learning abroad. Equivalency is determined by the University of Hawai'i.
- TOEFL or IELTS: This is a requirement for all international students (unless automatically exempt). Your English language proficiency exam result can be no more than two years old. The International English language Testing System (IELTS) may be substituted for TOEFL. See FAQs for further details. We recommend you take the exam as soon as possible. Exemption criteria are listed in the APLP Application Instructions Booklet.
- Professional work experience and achievement
- Leadership track record in professional, public, and/or personal realms
- International experience and aptitude, including overseas residence, language skills, intercultural and diversity exposure
- Volunteer and community service experience
- Asia Pacific engagement: evidence of interest in and knowledge of the region, as well as commitment to its future prosperity. This might include employment in the region, classes taken at University, languages spoken, memberships and fellowships, specific projects, field studies, and areas of research interest
- Experience of cohort learning, working collaboratively in small teams or in large groups.