HOW TO APPLY
Fall 2015 ASIA PACIFIC LEADERSHIP PROGRAM APPLICATION DOCUMENTS
- The priority application deadline is December 15, 2014. Applications completed by this date will receive a decision by March 1, 2015.
- All other applications are due by January 15, 2015.
- Late applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until March 1, 2015.
- Note: Timing is critical for supplementary scholarships. The earlier an application is completed, the more scholarships are available.
- Bachelor's degree - applicants must have at least a 3-year bachelor's degree or its equivalent from an accredited U.S. College or University or from a recognized institution of higher learning abroad. Equivalency is determined by the University of Hawai'i.
- Professional work experience and achievement
- Leadership track record in professional, public, and/or personal realms
- International experience and aptitude, including overseas residence, language skills, intercultural and diversity exposure
- Volunteer and community service experience
- Asia Pacific engagement: evidence of interest in and knowledge of the region, as well as commitment to its future prosperity. This might include employment in the region, classes taken at University, languages spoken, memberships and fellowships, specific projects, field studies, and areas of research interest
- Experience of cohort learning, working collaboratively in small teams or in large groups.