The deadline for the 2016 - 2017 Asia Pacific Leadership Program Fellowship has passed. Application forms for the 2017 - 2018 Asia Pacific Leadership Program Fellowship competition will become available by September 15, 2016.
- Early Application Deadline: December 1, 2016.
- Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until March 1, 2017.
- Note: Timing is critical for supplementary scholarships. The earlier an application is completed, the more scholarships are available.
- Bachelor's degree - applicants must have at least a 3-year bachelor's degree or its equivalent from an accredited U.S. College or University or from a recognized institution of higher learning abroad. Equivalency is determined by the University of Hawai'i.
- A demonstrated commitment to promoting peace and prosperity in the Asia Pacific region, and a deep interest in experiential leadership development training.
- Professional work experience and achievement
- Leadership track record in professional, public, and/or personal realms
- International experience and aptitude, including overseas residence, language skills, intercultural and diversity exposure
- Volunteer and community service experience
- Asia Pacific engagement: evidence of knowledge of the region, as well as a demonstrated commitment to its future prosperity. This might include employment in the region, classes taken at University, languages spoken, memberships and fellowships, specific projects, field studies, and areas of research interest
- Experience of cohort learning, working collaboratively in small teams or in large groups.