- Application Instructions (includes program information & deadlines) [PDF]
Application forms are available separately below:
Deadline: Though the APLP application deadline has passed, it is still possible to apply for the 2013 - 2014 APLP. Each year we reserve five seats in the program for excellent candidates who apply late in the intake process. These positions are especially competitive, and decisions are made on a rolling basis. It is advantageous to apply as soon as possible.
- Visa Information
- Bachelor's degree - applicants must have a 4-year bachelor's degree or its equivalent from an accredited U.S. College or University or from a recognized institution of higher learning abroad. Equivalency is determined by the University of Hawai'i. Generally, an equivalent could be a 3-year bachelor's degree plus a 1-year master's degree, or a 2-year bachelor's degree plus a 2-year master's degree.
- TOEFL: This is a requirement for all international students (unless automatically exempt). Your TOEFL test result can be no more than two years old. The International English language Testing System (IELTS) may be substituted for TOEFL. See FAQs for further details. We recommend you take the TOEFL test as soon as possible.
- Professional work experience and achievement
- Leadership track record in professional, public, and/or personal realms
- International experience and aptitude, including overseas residence, language skills, intercultural and diversity exposure
- Volunteer and community service experience
- Asia Pacific engagement: evidence of interest in and knowledge of the region, as well as commitment to its future prosperity. This might include employment in the region, classes taken at University, languages spoken, memberships and fellowships, specific projects, field studies, and areas of research interest
- Experience of cohort learning, working collaboratively in small teams or in large groups.