Hawaii State Identification Cards
465 S. King Street, Rm. 102
Honolulu, Hawaii 96813 (Map)
Phone: (808) 587-3111
8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. HST, Monday - Friday
How to Obtain a Social Security Number and a State of Hawaii Identification Card
- International student may not obtain a social security number, unless the student has a job offer and valid employment authorization.
- For more information please visit:
Social Security Administration (SSA)
Prince Kuhio Federal Building
300 Ala Moana Boulevard, Room 1123 (ground floor)
State of Hawaii Identification Card
- Go to 465 South King Street, Room 102 (corner of South King Street and Punchbowl Street) between 8:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Present the following documents:
a. valid passport with visa
b. Form I-94 (arrival/departure card in passport)
c. SEVIS Form 1-20 or Form DS-2019
d. Social Security card if you have one
e. $15 cash
- You will be fingerprinted and photographed and an identification card will be issued to you immediately.
- For more information, please visit:
Bus Instructions from the University of Hawaii campus
Board the #4 Nuuanu Dowsett bus at the corner of University Avenue and Metcalf Street. You will need $2.00 in exact change for the bus fare or a bus pass.
To get to the SSA Office: Ask the bus driver to please let you off the bus at the corner of Punchbowl Street and Queen Street. Walk on Punchbowl Street toward the ocean until you get to the Prince Kuhio Federal Building.
To get to the State ID Office: Ask the bus driver to please let you off the bus at the corner of Punchbowl Street and King Street.
To return to UH Campus: Board the #4 University bus at the corner of Punchbowl Street and King Street.
For bus routes and information: Call 848-5555 Monday through Sunday, 5:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.