Fall 2013 Obuchi Student Scholarship Application Documents
To download the application forms as separate files, click below:
- Application Checklist [pdf] [doc]
- *Application Form [pdf] [doc]
- Application Essay Form [pdf] [doc]
- *Letter of Reference Form [pdf] [doc]
- *Letter of Reference for Community Service Form [pdf] [doc]
- *Verification of Funds for Additional Expenses Form [pdf] [doc]
Application deadlines - Extended:
Obuchi Student Scholarship for the MA & Doctoral degree study
January 31, 2013 for Obuchi applicants who are already enrolled in an MA or Doctoral program at the University of Hawaii at Manoa.
Obuchi Scholarship for APLP
Fall 2013 UH Graduate Degree Application Documents (to be submitted with the EWC application forms)
Please check the UH website or contact the academic program for supplemental documents. Note that the UH Graduate Adminissions office email was recently changed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- *UH Graduate Admissions Application Instructions & Forms [doc]
- UH Notice to Applicants [pdf]
- UH Statement of Objectives Form [pdf] [doc]
- *UH Credit Card Payment Form [doc]
* indicates the PDF and MSWord forms are form-fillable
Obuchi Student Scholarships provide funding for graduate study to participate in educational and research programs at the East-West Center while pursuing a Master's degree at the University of Hawai‘i, or for study in the Asia Pacific Leadership Program (APLP).
The Obuchi Student Experience: Alumni Perspectives
To learn more about the program, click here to read testimonials from former alumni.
East-West Center Obuchi Program Advisor
Professor Munehiro Machida, East-West Center Obuchi Program Advisor, is available to meet with applicants who wish to learn more about the Obuchi Program and opportunities at the East-West Center.
Professor Munehiro Machida
Center for Migration Studies
Faculty of Law and Letters
University of the Ryukyus, Nishihara
Okinawa 903-0213, Japan
For specific questions regarding the application forms or process, please contact: email@example.com. Please put the Obuchi Student Scholarship in your subject line, in order to facilitate a quick response.