Application Materials and Information
The 2017 PILP Fellowship deadline passed on February 1, 2017. Please check this page starting August 2017 for application forms and instructions for the 2018 PILP Fellowship competition.
- The East-West Center will provide J-1 visa sponsorship for those who require a visa to travel to the United States.
- Applications for the Taiwan visa may be completed either at the mission in your home country or at the Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in Honolulu.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA AND REQUIREMENTS
- Citizens from the Cook Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, French Polynesia, Kiribati, Nauru, Niue, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Republic of the Marshall Islands, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, and Vanuatu will be eligible for these competitive, merit-based scholarship awards.
- Applicants from all walks of life (government, business, environment, NGOs, health, media, agriculture, education and others) are encouraged to apply.
- The program is aimed at early- to mid-career professionals, spanning the ages of approximately 25-38.
- Applicants will be expected to have a fluent level of English. Applicants are encouraged to provide an English language test score (such as the IELTS), if one is available.
- Applicants will normally have a Bachelor's degree. Exceptions may be considered on the basis of other relevant experience and qualifications.
- At least two years of professional work experience and achievement
- Leadership track record in professional, public, and/or personal realms
- International experience and aptitude, including overseas residence, language skills, intercultural and diversity exposure
- Volunteer and community service experience
- Pacific Islands engagement: evidence of interest in and knowledge of the region, as well as commitment to its future prosperity. This might include employment in the region, classes taken at University, languages spoken, memberships and fellowships, specific projects, field studies, and areas of research interest
- Experience of cohort learning, working collaboratively in small teams or in large groups
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Click here to view answers to the most frequently-asked questions about the Pacific Islands Leadership Program with Taiwan.