An International Affair
The East-West Center's gala dinner is the Foundation's signature event. It is a community outreach opportunity for the East-West Center, raising funds for scholarships and important research and education programs. The dinner usually features a silent auction, the proceeds of which help the Center expand scholarship opportunities to Asian, Pacific, and American students.
The Asia Pacific Community Building Award, presented at the dinner, recognizes individuals whose vision and accomplishments exemplify the mission of the East-West Center. Past recipients include the Honorable George R. Ariyoshi, His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej of Thailand, U.S. Senator Daniel K. Inouye, Mr. and Mrs. Houghton “Buck” Freeman of the Freeman Foundation; former Philippines President Corazon Aquino, influential Indian business leader Ratan Tata, and former Grand Master of the Urasenke Tea Tradition, Dr. Genshitsu (Soshitsu XV) Sen.
To view photos from our 2015 Dinner, click here.
To view photos from our 2012 Dinner, click here .
To view photos from our 2010: 50th Anniversary Dinner, click here .
The Arts 'Ohana is a distinguished group of individuals who support the success and growth of the Arts Program at the East-West Center. Special programs arranged exclusively for ‘Ohana members provide unique opportunities to enjoy EWC exhibitions and performance-demonstrations in intimate settings.
EWC Arts ‘Ohana members are dedicated to the following goals of the Arts Program:
- To increase understanding of the peoples of the Asia-Pacific region, and their values.
- To assist Hawai‘i’s youth to realize their place in a diverse world, and to increase their knowledge of the cultures of the Asia-Pacific region.
- To provide annual financial contributions and regularly attend exhibitions and performances in order to support the growth of the Arts Program at the East-West Center.
1) use the on-line donation link
2) print and complete the Arts 'Ohana Form & mail it in with your payment to:
East-West Center Foundation
Completed forms should not be e-mailed for security purposes.
Planned Giving Program
The Foundation provides its donors with free seminars and materials to assist donors in achieving their tax, estate planning, and charitable giving objectives. For more information, please check out our Charitable Planned Giving site.