The East-West Center periodically hosts a leadership development program designed to provide opportunities for advanced professionals to reflect on personal and organizational achievement while developing plans for the future.
The eight (8) week program involves a combination of personal strategic planning activities, leadership development workshops, and reflective space to independently develop strategic plans or projects within the context of the East-West Center community.
The ALP takes place at the East-West Center's campus in Honolulu, Hawai'i, and typically runs from September - November of the given year. Participants engage in a self-designed itinerary of semi-structured programming with substantial time given to independent work, research and exploration. Participants receive their own workspace in an East-West Center office and have the option of attending additional lectures or other activities with the Asia Pacific Leadership Program (APLP) and the East-West Center's fall seminar series.
Components of the Advanced Leadership Program
* Focus on adaptive leadership training and best practices from the East-West Center's
signature leadership development initiative (the Asia Pacific Leadership Program Fellowship)
* Space for independent reflection and personal research
* Guided personal and professional development planning
* Joint sessions with the APLP and other East-West Center program participants
* Networking with local leaders and entrepreneurs