BECAUSE OF YOU, THEY ARE HERE
Thanks to the generosity of alumni and community donors, the EWC Association Alumni Scholarship Fund distributed $321,900 to 100 graduate degree students from 19 countries since 2002 so that they could participate in EWC education programs, regardless of their resources.
• Yuki Asahina (Japan), master’s degree student in sociology
• Sadie Green (USA), master’s degree student in Asian studies
• Melia Kamakawiwoole Iwamoto (USA), doctoral student in civil and environmental engineering
• Yilong Liu (China), master’s degree student in theatre with a concentration on playwriting
• Kathryn Metzker (USA), master’s degree student in geography
• Elita Ouk (Cambodia), master’s degree student in public administration
• Susanthi Medha Kumari Sabhapathi Mudiyanselage (Sri Lanka), doctoral student in economics
• Jonathan Valdez (USA), doctoral student in American studies
• Nicole Holulani Yamase (USA), doctoral student in marine biology
Both with One GIFT
Help new students embark on their East-West Center experience. And honor East-West Center friends, colleagues and associates—past and present. Make a donation in that person’s name on the Wall of Honor and your gift will go directly to the Alumni Endowment Fund for Student Scholarships.
Click here to view the Wall of Honor.
Click here to honor a friend or colleague on the Wall of Honor.
GRATEFUL OKINAWAN ALUMNUS MAKES GIFT TO EAST-WEST CENTER
At the EWC/EWCA International Conference in Okinawa, Mr. Hiromitsu Miyagi donated an unrestricted gift of $10,000. He served as the EWCA Okinawa Chapter’s former president and devoted executive officer for fifty years. As the former vice-governor of Okinawa Prefecture and a business leader, he has contributed greatly to Okinawa’s development and received many meritorious awards for his role in economic improvement. Mr. Miyagi received the 2014 EWCA Distinguished Alumni Award. “I know that I would have chosen a different path in my life without my valuable experience at the East-West Center.”